Want Citizenship of Canada? Know The Rules!
Canadian Citizenship is a prized status even as there is no dearth of the aspirants who wish to get it, and why not? The overseas hotspot is a leading global economy and one of the best places to spend your life your dear and near ones. For those keen to do a job at possibly the best global platform, Canada is, perhaps, the best place.
One needs to know the rules for acquiring the Citizenship of Canada if he is interested in getting it. Earlier, the rules were to stay in the nation for about three years, out of the four year period. Now, the rules have changed. At present, a person has to stay for about four years out of the six year period.
On an average, more than 260,000 permanent residents move to the nation every year. Most permanent residents wish to become Canadian citizens. Those who successfully become citizens take loyalty oaths and pledge their commitment and loyalty to the country.
Canada Citizenship–Some Facts You Must Be Aware Of
- You must be a minimum of 18 years, and must be a Permanent Resident (PR).
- You must know how to speak and write in at least one of the two official languages–English and French.
- You must declare that you plan to live in the nation after getting your citizenship.
- You must have lived in Canada as a PR for at least 4 years out of six years.
- You must be physically present in the maple leaf country for at least 183 days of every year during the 4-year period.
- Any unpaid income tax must be paid, and taxes must be filed for the duration of the four years out of the six years of your stay.
- You need to apply for the citizenship from within the country of Canada.
- It is also important to present the acceptable proof of your language expertise in English or French. Else, the IRCC will reject your application stating incomplete.
- If you are from Canadian Armed Forces, you might be eligible directly for a fast-track application process.
- A Residence Calculator is available to find out how long you resided in Canada as a PR, in order to apply as a PR. If you visited Canada on a temporary basis, even that is shown in this calculator. It shows when you become eligible to apply again.
- Minors do not have to meet any residency requirements. It’s only the parents, or legal guardians can apply for anyone under the 18 years of age.
- Download the application form and fill out yours and your children’s details and submit the form.
- Also, you need to include all the supporting documents.
- Once the filling form and attaching documents are done, you need to pay the application fee.
- Now, mail your application to the IRCC office in Canada.
For in-depth details on the subject, contact an experienced Canada immigration consultant!
Summary: Citizenship of Canada is a much sought after standing and desired by many.