Numerous Canada PR Visa Types Available
If Canada immigration is on your mind you might be thinking what are the available options? You will be delighted to know that the Maple Leaf Country is an immigrant friendly country, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the apex immigration body, has introduced various types of PR visas for Canada immigration.
Among various types of PR Visa options, Express Entry and Quebec Skilled Worker Programme (QSWP) are perhaps the two most popular options and most widely used by a large number of skilled immigrants. To have a better understanding, let’s talk in detail about these two popular programmes:
The IRCC introduced the Express Entry in January 2015. Today, it is one of the most popular immigration schemes widely popular among skilled immigrants worldwide. Given this, till date, 1000s of skilled workers have used the same to live their immigration dreams.
The objective of the system is to welcome highly trained skilled workers with the capability to contribute towards the country’s economy and meet the skill shortage across various sectors. To apply, the applicants need to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI). Registered aspirants will get points on the basis of their age, language, skills, experience, adaptability and prior job. Candidates are selected through fortnightly draws, and they are issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even as they get a maximum of 60 days to claim Permanent Residency (PR).
Advantages of Express Entry
- Applications are processed much faster. The processing time is fixed to just six months.
- Selected applicants are ensured direct PR invitation.
- If you get a PR Visa, you are free to live and work anywhere in Canada, except Quebec.
- You can bring along your family as well.
Quebec Skilled Worker Programme (QSWP)
It is limited to Quebec province only. Quebec is the only Canadian province entitled to choose its own immigrants, on the basis of skill shortage and economic needs. The Quebec Government invites certain number of applications annually. The number can vary each time.
To apply, the candidates need to register online using the ‘Mon Project Quebec’. The QSWP is a point based system and very much similar to Express Entry. Selected aspirants are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) which makes them eligible to apply for PR visa.
Following are some of the advantages of QSWP:-
- If you are applying using the skilled worker stream, you are not required a prior job offer.
- Candidates can earn points even for their area of training.
- Applicants are entertained on the basis of old norm ‘first come, first serve’.
- Although the knowledge of the French language is not mandatory, t if you have the knowledge of it, you are likely to get an advantage.
There are many other Canada PR Visa types, each category is different from the other and have their own set of selection criteria and advantages. To make the Canada immigration journey uncomplicated and hassle-free, you may consult an immigration consultant.
Summary: If you wish to become a Canadian permanent resident, then you will be happy to know that there are numerous PR Visa types to entertain the needs of skilled immigrants.