Interested In Overseas Movement? Check Express Entry Canada!
The Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has completely reformed its old immigration system and replaced it with the new point based system known as Express Entry Canada. The latest system has been introduced to make Canada immigration more migrant friendly and appropriate as per its labor market. The program also emphasizes on clearing the backlog and quick processing.
How the Express Entry Canada has been designed?
According to the new arrangements, the IRCC coordinates and communicates with employers, provinces and territories, and forms a pool of skilled talent and/or entrepreneurs who are eager to either work or start a business in the country. The point based system is developed in such a way that each applicant is reviewed and selected on the basis of their age, skills, education, language, prior job and adaptability.
Express Entry–An Intro
It is a well developed immigration system. It is an electronic system, introduced to make immigration to the nation hassle-free. The system manages visa applications for the following federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class, and
- Certain portions of Provincial Nominee Program
The system works in two parts:
Firstly, using the online tool create an online profile, and secondly competing in the Express Entry pool and claiming PR.
Coming back to the system introduction, it is developed to draw the finest skilled professionals, who are keen to permanently settle in the country along with their family members, to meet the growing demand of the Canadian labor market.
Following are the key points:
- Applicants create an online profile and submit a letter of intent, ‘why they wish to live and work in Canada’.
- On the basis of their profile, they are placed in the Express Entry Pool and given points.
- At the later stage they are judged using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Those with the highest score will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and will get maximum 60 days to claim PR.
- Skilled works are selected through draws that takes place at regular interval, very recently the 40th took place.
Skilled workers are picked up by the federal government along with territorial and provincial governments in consultation with employers. Those without a prior job offer or provincial/territorial nomination may register themselves with the Canada Job Bank. It is an initiative of the Federal government to create a bridge between employers and employees.
Is it Cap System?
No, there is no cap! Any number of applications can be accepted round the year and any number of applications can be placed in the Express Entry Pool as well. However, the number of Invitation to Apply (ITA) is to be issued annually has been restricted based on the annual target.
Note: Those who wish to settle in Quebec Province shall not submit their application under the Express Entry, as Quebec is not part of the system. Instead the applicants must apply using the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).