Express Entry Canada 2015 for Federal Skilled Workers – Key Features
With effect from 1st January 2015, Canadian Government has introduced a new process for selection of skilled professionals and tradespersons wishing to immigrate to Canada and live and work in Canada as a permanent Resident through Express Entry Canada program. The new Canada skilled immigration selection process introduced by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and called Express Entry to Canada has generated a lot of excitement and rightfully so. Thankfully, with announcement of Express Entry points under comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) and Express entry application process, the applicants can start filing their applications to be filed under Federal Skilled worker Class for immigration to Canada.
Our opinion and view is that this opens door for immigration to Canada for interested Candidates like never before.
Here are key features of the Canada Express Entry Program:
- The Express entry program (EEP) to Canada changes the selection process and not selection criteria for migrants wanting to settle down in Canada as a skilled worker. So now, the applicants can apply for immigration to Canada only after they are invited to apply (ITA) under federal skilled worker program by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- EEP has an additional stage whereby applications are lodged into a Pool. The application stay in the pool for a year. Interested candidates need to re-enter if they continue to be interested and if they did not receive the ITA during the one-year period while the application was in pool.
- Canada express entry comprehensive ranking system (CRS) is applied to applications submitted and acknowledged in the pool. Under the CRS, it is beneficial (in case of married applicants) for both the spouses to offer their IELTS and WES report summaries.
- Candidates filing the on-line express entry form are asked to provide information related to his qualifications, experience, occupation, Language skills, Canadian Education, Canadian Experience, Spousal language skills as also presence of any blood relations in Canada – whichever is applicable. The on-line express entry form also asks queries related to their preference as regards the province in which they wish to settle down.
- After the application is filed and accepted into the express entry pool, the candidate is issued a personal reference number. Using this number, he can submit his profile into the Canada job Bank. These profiles are open for assess of Canadian Employers and provinces. The employers can select the ones that they like and issue a confirmed offer. Likewise, the provinces can nominate a chosen candidate and nominate him under the provincial quota. Either way, the candidate gets additional 600 points, which enhances his possibility of being selected from the pool.
- So starting point is getting into the pool and rest will follow. Almost everyone has a chance of being getting a Canada permanent residence visa!
- Regular draws are being taken from the pool and candidates appearing higher in the ranking in the pool will be selected. It is NOT A MUST that a candidate has confirmed job offer from a Canadian Employer to be eligible to get an invite to apply (ITA) for PR visa. In fact, applications without a job offer or any kind of Canadian credential are being regularly accepted from the pool since the program inception.
- An express entry draw is a highly transparent process and announcements are made about the date of draw, the cut-off rank and the number of candidates who are picked out of pool. The basis for selection from the express entry pool is comprehensive Ranking system (CRS).
- Under Express entry program Candidates under majority of occupations are now eligible for filing the application under the federal skilled worker program. This is a marked shift from Canadian Skilled Immigration policy of recent years whereby limited number of occupations was opened for applications every year. In addition, there used to be quotas’ attached to number of applications that could be filed under each of the permitted occupation under federal skilled worker program. All that has changed under the Canada Express Entry. There are no per occupation quotas’ to deal with – only annual quotas for skilled category is what you need to watch out for! Things cannot get more liberal.
- Candidates chosen form the express entry pool must ensure that they meet the federal points based selection criteria of 67 and also document checklist requirements. He will then be asked to indicate which of the economic class migrant programs he is making the application under – Federal Skilled Worker Class, Canadian Experience Class, Canada Foreign Tradesperson class.
Interested Contact us to get eligibility assessment for the purpose and forward us yours’ and if applicable spousal resume for immediate assessment and further advise on FSW eligibility and ranking in CRS for the purposes of express entry pool.
Important Information web-Links
We strongly recommend that you visit the following links for detailed information on key aspects of Canada Express entry Program:
- Express Entry- Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)
- Express Entry Visa Application Process and Waiting Period
- Express Entry – job bank
- Express Entry – Provincial Nomination
- Canada FSW selection Criteria – Point System
- Canada Express Entry Eligibility occupation List – 2015
- Canada Express Entry – Frequently asked questions
- Resume Preparation and Promotion Services (RPPS)
Interested? Contact us to get eligibility assessment for the purpose and forward us yours’ and if applicable spousal resume for immediate assessment and further advise on FSW eligibility and ranking in CRS for the purposes of express entry pool.
Why starting your immigration process under Express Entry Canada Program immediately and without delays is more important than ever before!
- By now, it is known that candidates without job offers and provincial nominations are also getting picked up from the express entry pool. The cut-off rank came down from 800 plus to 431 at one stage. It is likely that it may slip down further in coming draws. Those who waited to file because they did not had offers are regretting that they did not submit their profiles earlier! Many who took the chance of filing into the pool, got an invite! So remember, it is advantage those whose applications are lodged into the pool.
- Even those having score of 300 plus in CRS ranking and whose application is acknowledged in the express entry pool, have a chance of being accepted! As mentioned earlier, once filed into the pool and databank, the candidates profile becomes assessable to employers and provinces. If offered a job or nominated by the province, he gets another 600 points. These bonus points, when added to 300 plus points take his score to 900 plus and almost an assured selection from the pool draw. So taking a chance of filing into the express entry pool at the earliest makes lots of sense. Remember that only the applications filed into the pool have a chance of being picked up by employers or provinces! So, please do not waste any more time by delayed filing into the express entry pool. Fortune favors those who take chances that others hesitate to take! Why are you waiting for others to take advantage of not many applications in the pool and getting picked up just because they happen to be in the pool?
- And why wait when one can submit your application into the express entry pool at NO charge? So to do submission, the candidate needs to give IELTS and ECA but then that was previously required as well – even before express entry program was introduced. So what has changed? Nothing. So why wait and not start the process with ABHINAV and retain ABHINAV services immediately? We shall work on other file formalities while you are busy getting IELTS score and ECA reports. All this means saved time, which in turn determines how soon you will be picked up from the pool.
- So express entry program has provisions whereby selection decision on the applications has shifted to the express entry pool draw and thus choice has shifted to citizenship and immigration Canada. But what is the big deal about it? Will it mean that quotas for skilled immigrants will not be filled up or others will be selected on some separate set of procedures? And if one is really interested in migrating to Canada as a skilled professional, then what choice does he have except to file for express entry? It is unlikely that the skilled worker immigration process will not be changed in near time again.
- Immigration for skilled professionals amongst English Speaking Developed Countries on pointis primarily open only for Australia, Canada, Denmark and Hong King. It’s also open for New Zealand but the country is too small with limited and has limited employment opportunities for workers and professionals. European countries require knowledge of country language and in most instances a work permit before one can become a permanent resident. So, if Australia and Canada are the preferred destinations and one is interested in migrating out of India, then is there any other option but to apply for one of these two countries? Please understand that skilled immigration programs of both these countries are based on expression of interest and require invite to apply. Then why wait and why should you not go ahead and file for Canada express entry or Australia Expression of interest program without delays? None of the countries is going to change their selection process to suit candidates who wish to wait! And once a decision to file the application is made, then is there a company better placed to manage the immigration application then ABHINAV! Answer is an emphatic NO.
- ABHINAV’s experience in immigration consulting since 1994, from past filings and schemes is that those who are prepared with most of the documents are the likely to succeed in getting the visa. Those getting an invite to apply from the express entry pool must file the next stage of on-line application – complete with all documents – within 60 days of getting the invite! Process executive at Abhinav ensures that files of our clients are ready to meet all requirements at short notice and almost immediately on receipt of ITA.
- Abhinav’s optional RPPS (Resume preparation and promotion services) complements our client’s efforts in getting noticed with Canadian employers and provinces and enhancing their prospects of getting additional 600 points under the CRS.
- Last but not the least; please remember there are always going to be limited annual quotas’ for skilled immigrants!
So, starting point is NOT to wait! You should start your process for immigration to Canada immediately and without delays using ABHINAV services. Submit your and if married, spousal profile immediately, get assessed and registered with ABHINAV, sign an agreement, pay our fee and get into the express entry pool!
Amongst the most referred, trusted and experienced immigration consulting companies, we are best suited to service your immigration plans – now or in future. Interested? Simply mail your and, if applicable, spousal resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free of charge assessment. Or simply fill-up on-line form to submit your profile with ABHINAV!